Most of the people think that refurbs are faulty products hastily pushed on to the next consumer (rejects!). But in many cases refurbished electronics are a great steal—"good as new" computers, TVs, stereos, mobile devices, etc. that cost much less and last at least as long as their brand-new counterparts. The key to buying refurbished electronics without having problems is knowing where to buy.
What Does "Refurbished" Mean?
Although the word "refurbished" may conjure up not-so-reassuring images of retailers and manufacturers resurrecting defective products, lots of items fall under the "refurbished" umbrella. Types of reasons products get labelled refurbished include:
- Customer returns: Sometimes customer’s returns a product for a refund without even opening the box or using the item at all. There's nothing wrong with it, but the item can't be sold as new and has to be offered as a refurbished product—often at a deep discount (around 15 to 30 percent).
- Shipping or exterior damage: Minor scratches or dents to the product during shipment would force a retailer to return it to the manufacturer and put on the refurbish checkout lane.
- Demo units: Demonstration units used at trade shows, retail stores, or product reviewers may be repackaged as refurbished items.
Opened box can mean anything. Technically, there should be no issue and the item is "like new," but the box was simply
- Production Defects: If a defect in one part is found, manufacturers might repair the returned defective units and sell them or send them to retailers as refurbished units.
- Used Products: Many Company’s or customers use the products for a particular period and then upgrade their products to the latest configurations available in the market and these products will be working fine without any problem and will have no requirement of repairs. Many companies return the leased equipment’s after committed period and these are serviced and sold under refurbished category.
Stolt refurbished products are serviced atour own repair facility for any malfunctions and performance issues by our certified technicians and will be fixed if any, All these products are then tested using testing tools and and once the QC is done, products will move to packing section for cleaning, stickering and packing.
Please note that some recertified items may have marks, scratches, or other slight signs of wear. All refurbished products carry the applicable warranty and will be listed.
Refurbished products sold by Stolt.in often include a limited warranty through Extend Works (Service Division of Madhu Infotech India Pvt. Ltd.).
So what should you do if you want to save money but are scared of refurbished products? The best bet is to shop from a reputable source and look for a warranty i,e Shop from worthit.in.